Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What a surprise!

I did it, I can't believe I actually pulled it off! (Lots of lying involved though!) I planned a weekend with our family in Texas and the boys had no idea that we were going. Tristan figured it out once I handed him the boarding pass in the security line! I did learn a little about him though - he doesn't like surprises. I should have know since he's such a planner but oh well. It took him until later that evening to finally start enjoying himself.

The view of downtown Dallas from our hotel window! Breathtaking!

The pool that Nana put together herself due to the installation people never showing up or returning any phone calls. She was determined to have this ready for our visit and she did it! She's an amazing woman whom I will always admire. (If that was me, it wouldn't have been done and I would have cried my eyes out!)

The rooftop swimming pool at the hotel. Yes, we did a lot of swimming!


Finally made it to Medieval Times. We had seats on the second row and little Miss Brooke got the flower from our knight! The entire Brown family enjoyed the dinner and show.

My mom and I! (These pictures are not that great because I dropped my camera the first day of the vacation and broke the screen again.)

Aidan and his Nana and Cleve. If he had a choice I think he would leave me in a minute to move in with them. I love it that he loves them so much!

Texas flag outside my parents house. Along with a boat motor of course. What an awesome weekend we had! It's truly a blessing to have such wonderful families.

2 comments:

Shell said...

Love the pics! Thanks for posting them. I am glad that you guys got to swim a lot b/c the heat is definitely hard to endure. I want to take Jon to Medieval Times for his B-Day this year as a surprise so I need to figure that one out. I can totally see Tristan feeling off by not being prepared. I am like that too. I love to surprise people, but would much rather know what is happening than to be surprised myself.. LOL! I really wish I could have been there. Love you all! xoxo

Jen said...

I've never been to Midevil Times. My kids really want to go though. Looks like it was pretty fun!