Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Our first day of Florida

I mentioned in the first post that our first couple of days were cold. Here's a picture of Pax - thank goodness I had packed his jacket and hat!



The 2011 College Cheerleading and Dance Team Championship Competition was also being held at the ESPN's World Wide of Sports Complex while we were there. A lot of the colleges stayed at the same hotel as we did. Here's a picture of a school practicing. Our room was to the right of the Coca-Cola cup!


Saturday night we ventured out for our first family dinner. The boys weren't very happy with me because I took them away from their football game at the hotel.



Josh got us reservations at Boma at the Animal Kingdom's Lodge. Every hotel at Disney has a different theme and are unbelievable! The Animal Kingdom Lodge is African themed and has a lot of animals.

Here's a picture from inside:



Pax took every opportunity he got to explore. He loved their flooring in the lobby - he was able to slide around!

See the hidden Mickey in the rock? We learned that a fun game at Disney is to try to spot the hidden Mickey's. They are everywhere - the hotels, the rides, and the restaurants.



I see it, I see it!!!!



Our dinner at Boma was wonderful! I loved the food and had fun trying new things!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love THEMED hotels! How cool!