Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ice in the toilet!

Someone told Aidan at school yesterday that if you put ice in your toilets we'll get a snow day from school. He did it and it worked - we had a snow day today! I woke up at 5:30, checked the news and saw that every school district in town was closed. Off to sleep I went again!

It's only Tuesday but I needed this day off badly! See, I worked 6 days last week to make up some from Thanksgiving and was a bit tired. I had just told Shelly yesterday that I hadn't even decorated for Christmas yet and didn't know if I would.

Got it done on my snow day though (thanks to that ice in the toilet)!

Now, a quick vacuum and I'm going to make some cookies. I've been wanting to do this for a while also! The wind has been howling outside for most of the day so the snow isn't getting shoveled today but I'm hoping it'll be blown away and I'll luck out tomorrow morning. A girl can hope right?

3 comments:

Shelly said...

YAY! I am so glad you got to decorate. I was worried that the "Bahum Bug" was creeping in. LOL! xoxo

Stephanie said...

Wish we had a snow day! It's sunny here but only in the 30s so it's coooollldddd!!! Glad you got the break you needed.

Jen said...

Ice in the toilet??? I'm going to make sure my kids don't do that! Thanks for the tip...I couldn't handle a snow day right now!