Friday, July 23, 2010

The secret I've been dying to share!

We are going to have a baby! This is something that I've wanted for as long as I can remember but I never imagined it would take this long or what a journey it would be! We had a wonderful doctor who made this possible for us after 6 months of treatment. (Not including the 5 years on our own.) Here is the first time that we saw our little one:

6 weeks, 4 days (the baby is in-between the crosses)

I kept this pretty quiet because I hated to get so excited only for something to go wrong. Unfortunately I work in a Birth Center so I know what can happen. (Ignorance is definitely bliss!) Plus, when you want something for so long it takes awhile for things to finally seem "real". Believe me, I've got tons of pregnancy tests to prove it!

Today was the day that I've been waiting for. I had my 12 week ultrasound and tomorrow I will officially be out of my first trimester! Here's the baby now:

12 weeks, 6 days. It's really amazing, I feel like I'm floating on clouds.

No weight gain so far which is great as I was a little overweight to begin with. No morning sickness, mostly fatigue and nausea in the evenings. The heartbeat is normally between 154-160. I know this because we rented a fetal Doppler and we've been listening to it every other day for the past two weeks. (I told you I'm a mess.) It's harder to be pregnant when you're older, I can feel the difference. At times I seem to move a bit slower and last night I misplaced my car keys and looked for 10 minutes to only find them in my purse!!!

Our family is very happy and excited and I can't wait to continue sharing the news. I'll keep you all updated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooooooo happy for you Shea and for your family. This is wonderful news and you guys definitely deserve this blessing. Can't wait to start buying u baby gifts and to see all of your prego tummy pics. Pregnancy is so amazing! I love u so much!!!

Justin said...

Congrats to You, Josh and the Boys! What exciting news, thanks for sharing!!

Jen said...

Yay! What great news! I guess you better get all your leisure reading in these next few months! Wishing you and all your boys the best. Can't wait to hear all about the journey!

rutherecat said...

I love this picture. Looks like she is doing the backstroke- yeah that's right- I said' She....