Friday, February 22, 2013

3 little bumps

So a few days ago Josh asked me to look at the left side of his back in the middle.  He had 3 little bumps that were itchy so I applied some benadryl and didn't think another thing about it.  Last night he said that those 3 little bumps were really painful and asked me to look again.  Those 3 little bumps turned into about 8 and when I looked I immediately thought he had shingles.  Google here I come...

Once you get past the first sympton which is "normally occurs in people over the age of 60" he had most of the other symptoms.  Ugh, shall I remind everyone that I've never had the chickenpox?

It was confirmed by his doctor this morning and now we all wait and pray that the boys and I don't get chickenpox.  (They've been immunized and I have a natural immunity but it can still happen.) 

The hypocondriac in me can not stop itching and I feel like I'm getting sick!

1 comment:

Shell said...

Oh Shea! I bet you are itchy! I do the same thing. Even if someone gets into ants.. I start itching like I have ants on me. Poor Josh! Tell him to hang in there and I hope you are all well. When my friend had it (she was 38) and she passed it to 2 of her kids (they were not up to date on shots). It didn't last too long for them so I hope it goes by quick! Thinking about you all!