Thursday, August 5, 2010

Vail Recap and other life updates!

Last Thursday we took off for Vail, CO for the boy's Regional 3v3 Soccer Tournament. It was a 3 hour drive but beautiful and well worth it!
Here's a lake beside I-70, 30 minutes from Vail. There's also creeks and rivers that flow through the towns. (Lots of river rafting!)

When you are up at 10,500 feet it's almost as if you can reach up and touch the clouds.


We rented a house along with the rest of Tristan's soccer team. Here's the whole group. One thing I learned from this weekend - staying with other families is a lot of work. It wasn't the restful, relaxing time that I expected. We cooked every meal at the house to save on money and with 5 families that is a lot of clean-up! Plus you don't want to seem lazy so you're always trying to be helpful to others and it's exhausting!

Vail Village. A nice stroll with lots of little shops and hotels.

Tristan's team finished with second place. You can tell by the look on his face that he wasn't happy with the outcome. They were winning the championship game 2-0 at halftime but we had a rain delay for an hour which hurt us. Aidan's team got 5th.
Other news - Tristan has his first girlfriend. Her name is Sammy and she plays on the girl's soccer team that is equivalent to his. She lives a block away from us and they've spent a lot of time at the park together. We've had many mother/son talks about boyfriends/girlfriends and he took his time asking her if she'd like to be his girlfriend. Her reply came a day later and she said, "yes, yes, yes, yes." (Literally!) She attends a private school so they only see each other after school in between soccer practices so we'll see how long it lasts. But for now, I'm happy for him!
Tristan's having a rough time with middle school though. I guess with 1200 students they form groups in which you all have the same classes together. Unfortunately, all of his friends are in another group so T's having to make new friends. I know it'll get easier as time goes along and in the end this will be a good thing to branch out and make other friends but for now it stinks. He about broke my heart this morning on the way to school.
On the baby front - I had my first coworker ask me if I was expecting. I was wearing a denim jumper and didn't think that I was showing at all yet but I guess I am. I'll have to get a picture posted soon. All else is well. Still have a heartbeat at 154-156. Would love to have my energy back to normal but that should come soon.
That's it for now! We're in Denver all weekend for soccer so I'll update again next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great post! Thanks for all of the updates. Your trip looks beautiful and I could only imagine the sharing a house with other families thing being exhausting.

I love that someone asked if you were prego too b/c I want to see some pics! YAY!

That is a total bummer about Tristan's friends being in a different group than him, but in the end, he will have more friends than anyone b/c he will have all of his new friends as well as his old friends. So it is a good thing if you can look at it from the end of the year perspective as opposed to having to start not knowing anyone really. I feel for him though b/c as a kid, everything is looked at in the now. Big hugs for him!!! xoxo

On the other hand, I LOVE that he has a girlfriend and I love even more that she goes to a different school and they share soccer as their common interest. How cute is that!! :)

Love you Shea!