Monday, October 24, 2011

Tristan's 13!

And he had a spook filled birthday party this weekend. Six boys spent the night and they went to a haunted house. Half of the boys had never been to one before; it was so cool listening to them talk honestly about how they were feeling. Someone was scared that he might pee his pants, another had butterflies, and the rest were scared. Would you think that 11-13 year old boys could be that open to each other?
They all made it through even though one boy wanted to take an emergency exit several times. At the end, they were all glad that they did it (the one who wanted to exit thanked them for keeping him in there) and they all said they'll do another one again in the future.

Sunday morning Josh took them all to play flag football at the middle school. They got three games in and had a field goal contest. Tristan was so happy and told me that this was the best birthday ever! Music to my ears.

Josh and I with our teenager.

Thirteen years ago, Tristan's birth made all my dreams come true. All I ever wanted was to be a parent and gosh does it fly by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Shea, this kinda made me tear up a bit... You guys are such a cute family and I am so happy that Tristan had an awesome birthday. Miss you all so much!!