Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Update to my Viral Post

So, it turned out that it wasn't just a virus for us. I took the boys to the doctor on a Wednesday and after the rapid strep test came back negative we were told it was just a cold (virus). So, we keep trucking along, work, school, soccer - all the norms.

Sunday afternoon we get a call from the doctor's office and they tell us that Tristan's culture came back positive for strep. Penicillin here we come even though he's feeling better at this point.

Monday I go to the doctor because I'm still sick and who knows maybe I have strep for the first time in my life? Same thing, rapid strep test was negative but culture positive. Antibiotics for me too.

I'm happy to say that late last week we were all better. Whew, I hadn't been sick in a while and now that I have, I'm cherishing normalcy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good you had me scared there for a min.from,Alyssa