Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fly-by Week

I've wanted to post for a while but haven't had the time to do it! Here's a recap of some things:

The boys and I watched Australia this weekend! Loved it! Expected it to be a love story but it was so much more! Great movie for biracial children, Nullah stole the movie.

We had an awesome full moon earlier this week. I was going to take a picture to share with you guys but got home and American Idol stole my attention, that thought was long gone until the next morning - ha! I have a favorite on the show already:

Danny it is!

We are starting that crazy schedule with soccer and everything else we can squeeze in on top. Every night we have some sort of activity to be at!! Even the mornings right now. The boys signed up for archery at their school which is great but it means they have to be there at 7:40 instead of our normal 8:40, it makes things a bit tough in the mornings. (Mostly because they don't want to go to bed earlier in the evenings - what sense would that make?)

We are working on science projects right now. They aren't due until after Spring Break but I like getting things done ahead of time. I'm having a bit of a problem with Tristan's though - we are working with bread mold and I can't get any to grow! Funny how it happens when you don't want it too. It's been 12 days now and nothing. I think a large part of the problem is that I went and bought new bread at the store for the experiment so it will take a lot longer since it wasn't close to the expiration date. OMG! Stupid me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey honey, i will have to check out that movie. sounds good.

that is so cool that their school has archery. it sounds like a rad school.

i could not do american idol this year. i tried, i dvr'd it, i tried again, i deleted it. ha ha. i do remember danny though from the tryouts (he lost his wife right) and i did like him too.

when is soccer not in season? it seems you guys only get a couple of weeks off at a time. what am i getting myself into??? ha ha

love you sis!

p.s. - st patty's cards coming soon for the boys! yay!

Shea said...

Hey there Shell!

Funny, I can't do Dancing with the Stars this time but I like the Idol cast so I'll watch it. Yep, he's the one who lost his wife.

I know, it seems like the farther you get into soccer it is year round. We are going from indoor to outdoor now - big changes and so many more practices. Not to mention, T will go to tryouts after Memorial Day so there's lots to do for that.

You are the best! Love ya!

Jen said...

I hear you about the fly-by week! I have been busy outside the house all week and finally have a day to chill and get things done at home. You know what I did? Nothing! :D

Shea said...

Good for you Jen!

Jen said...

Hi Shea! Just got your comment on my blog. I finished the book I was reading while I was being lazy this morning. It was Soooo good! It wasn't scary at all. Very suspenseful! It was described as gripping and that is a perfect description! I highly recommend it! I also looked at the description of the book you are reading and it looks pretty good. I'll wait for your review though! :)

Shea said...

Thanks Jen! I'm not as quick in the reading department as you but I'll get the review to you once I finish it!