Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The scoop

Went to the doctor a few weeks ago for my physical. Haven't had one in quite some time, long overdue! My cholesterol was the best that it's ever been in my life!!! Everything was normal and I got to discuss my headaches with her. Guess what? I don't have headaches - I have MIGRAINES! She gave me some sample prescriptions to try and so far the two that I've tried WORKED!! Headache gone in 45 minutes. I can't explain to you how awesome this is. I normally will suffer through 24-36 hours of a headache, taking unheard of amounts of advil/tylenol with no improvements. For a while there I thought I might have a brain tumor but nope - migraines. Plus, the validation that I got from her meant the world. She has them also and could completely relate. (Unlike my hubby who luckily has probably never had a headache in his life and started referring to me as the drug addict.)

Fell down the two little steps into the garage on Sunday and my leg still hurts. No bruise thank God but my leg is sore as if I worked out for 6 hours. I didn't (of course) so that's not it. Probably just the way I tensed up when I slipped. I tend to fall down stairs all the time so this isn't anything new. Thought it might be due to the brain tumor but obviously not.

Soccer is draining me. Not because of the hectic schedule, it's Aidan's team. I'm not sure why but his games have really gotten to me. Josh said that you would think that I was the one out there playing. I'm upset when they lose, more so than the boys are. I think it's because we have new players and I really thought things would come easier to us this season. It's not happening though, we are struggling just like last season. They are playing in the highest division of their age group so our schedule is tough, really tough. I've got to get myself under control though or the poor guy will end up quitting like he told me he wanted to on Sunday. Yep, we had a lovely few hours of being really upset with each other. (And Aidan is one of those kids who gets mad at his parents and he doesn't hold back any of his feelings!)

That's the scoop so far!

3 comments:

Shell said...

Okay so I totally cracked up when you wrote that about Josh calling us the drug addict! LMAO! Glad to hear that you know what the headaches are, but sorry to hear you have them in the first place. Yuck!

Hope the chaos will soccer subsides and things smooth out. Hang in there Mom and Aidan.. :)

P.S. - Damn those stairs! LOL!

Jen said...

Yay...migraines! That sounds funny! I'm glad you got a dx for your headaches. I know how miserable they can be. Take it easy with soccer. I know that's easier said than done, but it is supposed to be *fun* right? As long as Aidan is trying his best (and we know he's doing that!) just try to have a good time. You've got YEARS of soccer games to win!

Stephanie said...

Last time you where down, me and mom told you your headaches sounded like migraines. I get headaches alot but not migraines.