Monday, March 15, 2010

Getting ready!

Probably the only highlight so far of this move is being able to buy new things! Friday night we purchased our first ever brand new washer and dryer! I didn't get the popular front loaders but I'm very happy with the ones we did chose. They are big and should work just fine and that's all that I really care about.
Since the boys will now have their own rooms, Tristan needed furniture. He liked so many things in the store but we steered him towards this one:
This isn't the exact bed but very close. He got a full size bed with drawers underneath and the dresser to go with it. I think he'll like it alot!
And now to the piece of furniture that I had to have:
A marble top dining table with leather chairs!!! I'm so excited! No more worries about setting something down that will ruin the table top!
Still have to get furniture for the family room but we'll do that after we're in the house. I didn't feel comfortable purchasing something now and not having a clear memory of the room size/layout.
Keep the prayers coming that all goes well for us this week. Movers with us Thursday, closing on Friday. It's a little scary now that we've purchased new stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That table is fabulous!!! Love it! Drawers are awesome also! With kids, it seems there never is enough storage huh? Good luck with everything! xoxo

Stephanie said...

I love the table! We need a new kitchen table. Ours only seats 4 and hopefully we will soon be a 5 person family and will need more room.