Thursday, March 4, 2010

My eyes are killing me! (updated)

Thank God I have an appointment for tomorrow is all I can say. I've been dealing with this for two weeks now and I've almost given up. Last week it started with headaches and dry eyes. (I even wore my glasses to the inspection at the new house so that in itself should tell you it was pretty bad!) The headaches finally ended and I haven't had them this week but my goodness my eyes are dry. Cleaning the contacts isn't working, eye drops aren't working, ugh.

When I am at work I am constantly blinking to try and keep them moving so that they don't stick to my eyes. Plus I feel like I'm seeing through a film that I can't get off! Most people would just put their glasses on but unfortunately I feel like my vision is much worse with the glasses so I continue to suffer.

Please let it just be that the contacts are old and too dirty to polish. Not some dry eye syndrome or infection. I'll know tomorrow I guess.

******I think I've finally learned my lesson. As a mom you tend to put everyone and everything before you and this is exactly what I've done. I had no idea I hadn't been to the eye doctor since 2007!!! Needless to say, my contacts are completely worn out - they don't even fit my eyes correctly anymore. Not only has my prescription worsened but the astigmatism has as well. Plus, I have allergies in my eyes right now from the poor shape of the contacts. Killer!

The best that he can do for me is to order new lenses that he can't promise I'll see correctly in. It'll take a while for my eyes to shape back up to where they are supposed to be. (People who have severe near-sightedness and wear gas permeable lenses do so that the hardness of the contact actually keeps your eyes from changing so quickly. Since my contacts have worn out my eyes are out of shape, as the rest of me is probably too!!)

So, yes - I've learned my lesson. Every Spring Break I'll see the eye doctor. It hurts too badly to not! Oh, and the icing on the cake - I've broke the double digit marker. -10 in the prescription area. I'm way past you now, huh mom?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hang in there... crossing my fingers for you..

Anonymous said...

updated*** oh man, that's hard news to bear.. i can't even imagine. wishful thinking your eyes heal and adjust quickly..

sissy said...

Sorry your in pain. You must take after me on the eye part. I'm worse than you. Last time I was in I'm a -12.75. It sucks too. Take care and love you.

Anonymous said...

I AM SO SORRY THAT YOU ARE TRYING
TO CATCH UP WITH SISSY. I AM STILL
AT 7.75 AND 8.00 ON MINE, BUT I
WEAR SOFT CONTRACTS AND I HAD ONE
DOCTOR TELL ME I DO HAVE A STIGNA.
BUT I CAN'T WEAR THOSE TORC CONTRACTS. I HAD TO WEAR REGULAR ONES JUST TO BE ABLE TO FOCUS.
LOVE YOU LOTS,
MOM