Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I admit...

we've got a cleaning service helping us with the house. Why do I feel embarrassed by this? I guess because it could be seen as a negative reflection on my performance as a mother/wife. But when your husband offers this do you turn it down? NOOOOOO, ha! It's nice to come home from work and the house is already clean. It made our weekend really evolve around our family plans and resting, not the housework that needed to get done in between games and what not.

On another note - here's an article from our paper today:

Bears waking up, and they’re hungry

DENVER • Bears are waking up from their long winter naps and they’re hungry, so state wildlife officials are urging people to take steps to minimize conflicts with them. Wildlife officers will relocate or kill bears that clash with people. Several were killed last year after busting into homes and injuring people. The Wildlife Division says people should not keep pet food outdoors or put out bird feeders when bears are around.

Shell, I immediately thought of you and Ani's dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Oh my! I would definitely have a bear phobia! LOL! Just run at them standing tall yelling out like a mad woman and they will run away right? Wow Shea, lots of checking your surroundings this time of year...

And as far as the housecleaning service, more power to you! I would love that so I can stop designating certain weekend days to it. I am cleaning house like once a month now which is pretty bad with my kiddos. Enjoy it honey! xoxo

Shea said...

Ha, ha, ha! Yeah, they tell you to do that but we have some friends who live out a bit and saw a bear in their yard. The boys went out on the deck and raised their hands up and what did the bear do? He stood up on his back legs and just looked at them!!!