Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"Under the lights"

Both boys played in a night soccer tournament Saturday. Aidan's 1st game was at 4:30 and Tristan's was at 6:15 p.m. As usual we had a storm come though around 7:00 and had to leave the fields until it had passed. (That was a great time to grab a bite to eat!) The best reward from dealing with a rainstorm is the beautiful rainbows we have after.
Tristan's team was playing the championship game at 10:30 p.m. when this happens:

Crazy huh? I'm so glad that I had walked down to Aidan's field 2 minutes before they came on! Josh and Tristan were soaked and cold!

After the storm and sprinkler delays Tristan's team did win the tournament! They finished up around 11:15 p.m. Aidan's team won their division also but I don't have any pictures yet. (I didn't take any and have to rely on my friends to share, yep - I'm slacking.) We made it home at 1 a.m. Sunday morning. If I ever wondered if I was a night person this tournament definitely confirmed that I'm not! I can handle early mornings much easier. Still fun though, glad that we did it - water and all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like an adventure Shea! Wow! Exciting and challenging all at the same time. That Rainbow is beautiful and when I got to the sprinkler part, I cracked up. Poor Guys! Glad they won though! xoxo