Friday, June 18, 2010

Prayers Needed!


Wow, today is not going as I had imagined. All week I had planned to take the morning off to watch the USA World Cup game this morning with the boys.


I never thought I'd be rushing Opal to the vet with an obviously serious problem. She's possibly got an intestinal blockage of some kind. Last night when we got home I knew something was wrong because she was following me around and you could tell she didn't feel well. She also kept stretching by putting her chest on the ground and her rear in the air. So, it's a bad stomach ache I think - she's had these before and she should be better in the morning.


After not sleeping much at all, I get up and find her pretty much the same as the night before but she seems to not be so uncomfortable. She takes a little water from me but other than that, nothing. We get in first thing and I've never had a vet take a dog from me so quickly. She was only in our room for maybe 2 minutes before they wisk her away for x-rays. After 15 minutes the doc comes back without Opal and says we have good and bad news. She's screaming symptoms of having a blockage but nothing really showed on the x-ray. They wanted to keep her for today and use barium (dye) along with x-rays every little bit to see if the dye flows through and maybe she has something irritating in her bowels or if the dye stops on a blockage. If that happens then we are looking at surgery.


I'm a mess as anyone would probably guess. It's been 2 1/2 hours so far with no news but she said to not be surprised if it took a while to hear from them. I'm really happy that we listened to our gut instinct and took her in right away. She's in good hands and is getting something for the pain so hopefully she is able to rest a bit.


Please pray for my little girl! I'll update as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG SHEA! I am just reading this! Poor Opal!!