Saturday, June 19, 2010

Pesky Pinecones


The boys were right. It was the pinecones! She had eaten them Thursday and it ended up blocking the passage from her stomach to her small intestine. They were able to remove it all during the surgery and her intestines were fine. If I would have waited another day then she might have had permanet damage. So, we got the best outcome possible!


She had to stay the night last night but I was able to get her this morning. It took 2 hours but I got her to eat a carrot and a little of her food. Yea!!!! She's completely sore and tired from the pain meds I think. I'm sooooo happy to have her home! I don't think I've ever been that scared before.


The rest of the family had to go to a basketball tournament in Denver while I stay behind and nurse my little girl.


Let this be a lesson to all - eating pinecones can cause a $1000 emergency surgery!!!

2 comments:

Justin said...

Glad she is okay! Nothing worse seeing your pet in pain!

Anonymous said...

Oh man Shea, I am glad to hear that it is not something worse than pinecones. (alhough the scare itself if enough). You guys take care of each other.. Love ya, Shelly