Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Me

As is the norm lately, me time doesn't come until everything else is done. And I still find myself typing this while nursing a baby.

So, the surgery was rough. Recovery has been rough. I found myself to be in that "worst case scenario" that I dreamed up. I was in pain, uncomfortable, and had a ton of pressure down under. On top of all of that I had a complication that landed me in the ER a week after the surgery. I felt like I was going to die!

Now that I'm in that third week after surgery things are really looking up. Thank goodness too because I was really regretting the surgery those first two weeks. The pressure is gone and most of the time I'm okay. The past few days I've noticed a painful burning sensation that happens after carrying Pax for a bit. Hopefully nothing is wrong though, I have to carry him.

I see the doctor for my post-op next Tuesday and will return to work Wednesday. It's been almost four months now that I've been at home. Long time huh - I've never been bored either! There's so much to be done around here all of the time, not to mention all of Tristan and Aidan's activities. I still manage Aidan's soccer team but did resign from Tristan's in January. So, managing the house, the soccer team, a baby, the three big boys, and my milk supply is a lot of work. I can't imagine adding my job to this also but we'll see how it all goes soon enough.

Well, Pax is awake again so off I go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shea,
Thanks for the update on yourself. I have been waiting for that phone call you promised... :)

Totally understandable though if things weren't going so well. I am so glad to hear things are on the upside..

You are a busy woman lady, but that is what keeps us alive right? ha!

I love you very much!