Friday, October 19, 2012

Update on Tristan

 
Here's my handsome boy in this year's school picture.  I thought it turned out well and he was excited to incorporate his two favorite colors, red and black.  (That's pretty much all that exists in his closet except for some gray and white.)
 
We had a great time yesterday celebrating the big 14!  I'm glad it turned out to be a good day for him because the day before he found out that he did not make his school basketball team again.  Second year in a row that he's tried but no luck.  This time around the coach told him that the skill level is right on, it's his size that is holding him back.  Ugh, it's so frustrating.
 
So, earlier this week we had his yearly physical.  Everything was ok except for his growth charts.  Tristan weighs 81 pounds (3%), he's 5'0 tall (8%), and his BMI equals to 3% on the curve.  Over the past 14 months he's only grown an inch and hasn't gained much weight so our pediatrician wanted to run some bloodwork and do a bone scan to check his bone age.  It was a first for him to have blood drawn (6 tubes of it).  The blood work came back normal and the bone age came back as 13 years old so that's relatively normal.  We are still going to see the endocrinologist in a few weeks to see if they want to check his hormone levels.  It is so difficult for a young boy to be so much smaller than all of his friends.  We've been comparing and he's a good 25-35 pounds behind everyone.  But he's still a force to reckon with on the soccer field.  (His team is going to finish in 2nd place for the State of Colorado!)
 
 
Last night at his birthday dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Shea! Keep us posted okay?

Hang in there Tristan, it has to be tough. I can relate in a way as I wanted something badly once and was denied. Sometimes things do happen for a reason and we often don't see it right away. You are a champion for sure all around dude and I love how interested you are in sports. I am a very proud Aunt and you and Aidan make me so happy. I talk about my Colorado family all of the time to my friends and coworkers. Miss you all! -Shelly