Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Maternity Shots (Finally!)

I was so excited to see these today! It seems like forever since I took them and I'm very happy with how they turned out.
This one is the one that she has added to her website so you have probably seen it already. We used the 4D Ultrasound picture of Paxton from 26 weeks.
This one I saw on her website and wanted to duplicate it. The fun thing is that Josh is the one in the background swishing the fabric out behind me! Today during Paxton's session I put the gold wrap back on and held him in front in place of my belly. Hope it turned out well but I won't know until next week.

Josh is such a great picture taker! I loved this shot the first moment I saw it! It reminds me of how happy we were at that time!

Ok, and now to the "risque" picture.... I wanted a picture to remember what wonderful things our bodies are capable of and I got it. Pregnancy is beautiful and truly a gift from God. We tried so hard for this baby and had to go through so much to get him that I never want to forget that struggle. It helps you appreciate life even when times get rough.

Pax's photo session was today and I wish that it would have been easier. She told me that the sooner we got him in the easier it was to get "cute" shots where she can pose him while he's sleeping. Unfortunately, our little boy doesn't like being undressed and cold. He also is a bigger baby so it's not easy to fold him up and roll him into a ball. He's strong and is a fighter! After two and a half hours, yes - I said two and a half hours, we called it. The photographer could have kept going but Josh and I couldn't stand to hear him cry anymore. It took us another two hours at home to get him settled and asleep from his trauma as Josh calls it. I get to go next Wednesday to view the pictures and I pray we have one or two that were worth all of the trouble. Don't worry - I don't think we'll ever do that again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, I feel you on the hard photo sessions. My girls were pretty okay (minus ages 1.5-3.5). ha! I had to reschedule a few times in the middle of it. Very hard and stressful.

On the other hand, I LOVE THE PICS! They turned out so GREAT! Really, they did.. So sweet and beautiful! Great Job Guys! xoxo