Friday, February 11, 2011

Pax's 2 week check-up

Wow, we had a great appt today! I'm happy to say that Pax is perfectly healthy and loves to eat. He is now 10 lbs!!! He's also grown an inch too! Even though he's a big boy he's perfectly proportionate between his weight, length, and head measurements. Our pediatrician says that he's gaining an ounce a day right now and that would work out to be 2 lbs a month. This could continue until he's 5-6 months old. I was a little worried but he reassured me that you can not create a fat child from breastmilk. It's the other foods that are introduced in later that matter so just keep up the good work. Guess we will have a little Michelin baby soon.

His cord still hasn't fallen off yet which is a bummer because I can't wait to see how he likes a bath. We are both tired of the spongebaths!

Oh, and his pictures from that horrible photo session last week are so cute! I spent a fortune buying them but I'd rather have all of the shots instead of not choosing one due to money. We should get the pictures in a couple of weeks and then I'll have his announcements made. She asked me about putting some on her website again so I'll keep an eye out for that and share them early if she does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paxton sounds a lot like Anica as our doctor told us that I must be producing "Super breastmilk" as she was gaining so much and eating A LOT! ha ha! He will be fine and very healthy! I can't wait to meet him!