Thursday, August 21, 2008

Greatest American Dog

The boys and I have been watching this show on Wed nights together and we've had such a good time! We've learned alot and I've even gotten the urge to try to work more with our little Opal. I don't think she would be able to do half of the things that these dogs do but still!

One of the contestants, Bill and Star, are actually neighbors of my parents. He lives two houses down and we've known them for at least 20 years. It's really awesome to see him on tv and he's exactly himself. Aidan loves to hear him and his wife talk on the show because of the Texan accent. It reminds him of all of his grandparents.
Anyway, the next time we go to visit my parents I'm going to take the boys over to say hello. Aidan was really excited to hear that he would be able to meet them but Tristan's reaction cracked me up. He said, "What if he tells us to get off his property?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's too funny of Tristan to say that. I totally laughed! I am watching this show also! And I have to say that I have gotten teary-eyed a couple of times and I am really forming connections with some of the people. Is that crazy or what as I thought it was going to be silly. I have loved every episode except the dog painting - kinda more silly that skill, but for the most part, it has been cool. Sorry to see the skater dog go though. ha ha! Love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

We watch it every week and cheer Bill on. They have their own website, billandstar.com. Dad doens't think he wins but he's been doing pretty good. Bill told Dad that one time he did get mad at the male judge and told him he was gonna kick his a**. There's a East Texan for ya!

Shea said...

Oh my goodness! You guys definitely got me hooked on this but we are mainly watching it to see how Bill does. If they are voted out, Tristan said that he wouldn't watch it anymore. Scary that he was in the bottom 3 last night. I hated to see Star so tired and upset with the puppies!