Friday, August 1, 2008

Surgery it is!

The third tooth is actually a tooth! It's surrounded by a fluid filled cyst and has to be removed. It could also be the culprit for his two front teeth overlapping and it could cause one of his front teeth to die because it's compromising the nerve and root.

Surgery is scheduled for Friday, August 22nd. They are going to do the IV and hopefully go through the roof of his mouth to get to it. If that doesn't work they will have to go through the front of the gum but I really don't want that. He will be sutured up and done in 45 minutes or so.
The good news is that the doctor was extremely nice, the staff was great, and the office seemed extremely organized. As I sat there scheduling the appt I had to think about all of the soccer obligations we had and plan around those; how crazy is that?

Oh, and on a side note: Cat sent me the picture that I'm using as my header now. I find it completely appropriate seeing as I myself sometimes don't know which way I'm going!

I couldn't believe it when she called me from Phoenix and told me that she was surrounded by me. I guess there's a Shea Court, Shea Plaza, Shea Drive and as you can see Shea Blvd. And it's spelled correctly! She took a great picture and I love it! Thanks so much Cat! I love ya - and you thought you were getting away from me huh?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT!!! That is so crazy and scary and emotionally moving! Just the description of how they will go in and get it sent chills down my spine. What a tough guy Aidan is! Good thing they caught it early and you feel confident in the people handling it. Aidan is not going to notice anything except recovery and the coolest thing about that is the mouth is the fastest body part to heal and he will have lots of love and support through it. We're rooting for you Aidan (no pun intended). :)

Anonymous said...

Ouch, tooth removal- I wish I could be there to hold your hand, but I will still be down and out. Love the pic- and the comment about not knowing where you are going- te he.....

Aidan is such a trooper and will do fabulous.

Love ya- Shenaynay

Shea said...

Girls, you are the best! What would I do without you? Thanks for lifting me up and giving me that little bit extra reassurance. I love ya!

Anonymous said...

Tell Aidan we are thinking of him. Kids recover so fast from these type of things. Hopefully it will not be too bad on him. Love you all.

Shea said...

Love ya Steph!