Monday, January 26, 2009

911

I can not believe that I am about to write this:

Aidan called 911 and hung up Sunday morning! I never thought that one of them would do this because they've had two friends who have done this before and we've heard their stories. Our neighbors had a policeman actually come to their house because of the calls and another friend was actually taken to the police station because of his pranks.

When they called the house back I was shocked when she said, "We just received a 911 call from this number." Woah! I looked at both of them and asked, "who did it?" They both denied it but once I started thinking straight I knew Tristan had been upstairs with me so it had to have been Aidan. "Aidan it was you," is all I said before he lowered his face into his hands.

She took my name and address and cancelled the call - thank you God! I thought they might come out to talk to Aidan anyway but they didn't. It was freezing and snowy outside so maybe that factored in.

Aw man! What a way to start your Sunday morning and I had only been up 30 minutes. He really doesn't have a good reason/excuse for doing this except that he wanted to see what would happen. He got that! He also lost his birthday party that I was to schedule that afternoon. (We had just chosen the location and made the list of people to invite the day before.)

I can't believe I took away his birthday party but I did and I have to stick with my decision. This sucks big time!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Kids just can't avoid that curiousity! Hmm... I remember a certain sister calling 911 and hanging up "just to hear what they said". Then when they called back, I answered and could not believe it! Something about it is just so enticing... Maybe he can regain his party later if he works on something??

Shea said...

Did you really do that? I don't remember it at all!

Jen said...

You just never know what your kids might do. I know it was hard for you take away his party. Maybe he can make it up to somehow and have a smaller party. Not the location one, gotta stick to your guns! Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

I called 911 once when I was little. I don't remember who answered when they called back but I remember doing it.

Anonymous said...

not me.. steph owned up to that one. ha ha. i was the one who answered completely shocked and i remember arguing with them that she did not do it. ha ha!

Shea said...

Oh my gosh you guys - that's too funny! The party is being reconsidered now because Josh says I'm being a little hard. Come to find out, Josh called the fire station when he was little and Jeremy called 911.