Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Let's begin again!

"Let's pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and begin again..."

This is my favorite part of his speech from this morning's inauguration. I'm fortunate enough to have been able to watch this on the internet at work so I haven't missed too much. Man, what an awesome day!

I found myself excited for this day and all of the events last night. Now, this was a first for me! I couldn't wait for things to begin this morning.

I'm excited, hopeful, and so very optimistic! I can't wait to "begin again" and hope that you feel the same way too. WoooHooo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! ME TOO! I watched it at work with a break room of about 100 employees. Everyone was clapping and it was so awesome to watch. I even loved how he hesitated for a moment in the "sworn in" process as it showed he was very moved and is still very human. I think this is a great time in our lives!

Shea said...

Actually the hesitation was from Judge Robert's mistake. He said the words out of order and had one of the words wrong. Obama caught him on it and gave him a chance to correct it. Judge Robert's apologized after it! Too funny but I wished they wouldn't have messed it up.

Anonymous said...

oh. guess that spoils what i had thought. ha.