Monday, January 12, 2009

Why oh why?

I really don't understand my boys sometimes. Aidan got out of the shower last night and we were choosing Valentine's for next month when I looked up at his forehead and notice a shiny, red area right below his hairline.

"What happened to your forehead," I asked?

"He used the stone on it," Tristan says. "I saw it in the bottom of the tub so I know he did it."

Oh my goodness! You see, we aren't new to this. Tristan had some adhesive residue once on his forehead and decided to use the pumice stone I have in the shower to remove it. Only it removed that and a good layer of his skin. He had a scar for a couple of months. Tristan not only did this once but again a second time. We never understood the reasoning the second time around, unless of course he just enjoyed having that scab on his forehead.

"Why would you do that Aidan?" "I'm shocked after all of the trouble with Tristan and that stupid stone!"

"I wanted to see what it felt like," Aidan says. This is his only explanation.

Woah. I guess a pumice stone is too enticing to just leave it lying around. It will be put up from now on!

5 comments:

Jen said...

BOYS! We don't share a bathroom with our kids anymore but Hubby still asks me questions like that. "What's this?" "What's it feel like?" Weird!

Anonymous said...

Kids are interested in everything, especially when it's stuff they are not suppose to mess with.

Shea said...

Why their foreheads though? If they would have used it on their feet I could understand.

Anonymous said...

I think Aidan was following that Tristan had done it on his forehead. Kids also get attention when they have boo-boos in places people see cause everyone will ask about it.

Shea said...

Very true Steph! When people do ask I make them tell the truth. It normally turns into a big laugh (not on our end).