Thursday, January 22, 2009

Surprise!

Thank you all so much for your calls, emails, and texts yesterday on my special day! I really appreciate everything and I had a great day.

I only worked a few hours and then left to have a great seafood lunch with Josh. It was the first time in forever to be able to go to this certain restaurant and would you believe that I had to sit right next to Ted Haggard? That was uncomfortable for me a bit but also interesting. I could hear almost everything he said we were so close.

Anyway - the highlight of my day and something that I definitely didn't expect was that my dad called me to wish me a Happy Birthday. I've been known to say in the past that I don't think my dad knows my phone number or even when my birthday is so I'm eating my words right now. And you know what? It's perfectly okay. I'm glad that I'm eating those words because that phone call was awesome and made my day. It's the little stuff that feels so big sometimes.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I had no idea it was your birthday! Sounds like it was a great one and I am sending belated best wishes and lots of virtual (((HUGS))) to my new friend!!!

Shea said...

Thank you so much Jen!

Anonymous said...

YAY BIRTHDAY! Yes, uncomfortable lunch! ha ha! Glad to hear you got a call from Dad. That is good stuff! We love you!