Friday, May 29, 2009

It's been how long?

A week? Crazy! I've wanted to post updates multiple times but I've been so busy I haven't had time to sleep hardly. Just kidding, you guys know me - I have to have my sleep. But other things have really been neglected.

Okay, the boys played in two different tournaments last weekend. I'm ecstatic to tell you that Tristan's team won 1st place in theirs and Aidan's team made it to the championship game but they tied at the end of regulation and went to a shoot-out. Unfortunately, two of our players missed their goals and we got 2nd place but that's still pretty awesome!

Aidan and his friend posing for an awesome soccer picture!

Tristan and Aidan with their medals and a very cool ball that Tristan found at his field. (We asked for two days if anyone was missing a ball so he got to keep it.)

Uncle Jeremy came to spend the crazy weekend with us. He got to watch all of the action and suffer through the rain with us. (I don't think he'll be volunteering to come to any more tournaments! It was that hectic.)

We also celebrated the last day of school yesterday! Aidan had to say goodbye to one of his new best friends, Nathan. They are really a pair!

Tristan had his first ever soccer tryouts this week. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evening from 6-8 p.m. I'm so excited to share with you all that he made the 1st team! He's one of 16 boys who made it! What a reward for all of his hard work and dedication. I'm so happy for him and extremely proud. I had a twist thrown at me though. Who would have thought that his new coach would ask me to be the team manager after offering him the position on the team? Now, this is something that I had to sleep on but I did end up accepting and I need all of your prayers! It's probably going to be time consuming and I have a group of parents with strong personalities to deal with who can be quite demanding but I like to challenge myself and I want to give it a shot.

Lastly, T got his retainers today. Top and bottom! He's quite the expensive fella now - walking around with $2000.00 in his mouth, ha!

Aidan has a soccer tournament with his Academy team this weekend but the schedule is pretty easy for us. All of our games are in the afternoon and I'm looking forward to finally sleeping in!

2 comments:

Shell said...

Oh my gosh! That is a lot of stuff going on! I don't even know where to begin responding. I have to say that I have missed your blogging. It has become daily so me like checking my email. ha ha

I think it is very cool that Jeremy came to spend some time with you guys. He still looks just the same to me. :)

And as far as the offer to be a Team Mgr, WOO_HOO! I can't even imagine how much work and how many tiffs you will be appeasing or straightening out and as many demands that will be on you, but right on mama! I think that is fabulous! I would love to have someone like you as a Leader on one of my kids teams..

I love you more than ever! xoxo

Shea said...

You are the best Shell! I hope that you guys have a wonderful weekend with your friends and family!