Friday, September 5, 2008

Busy week!

I've been so busy but all it seems that I do is work and then hang out at a park for soccer. No personal time at all, I have a week worth of shows recorded to get caught up on! Here's our weekly recap:

Monday, Opal somehow managed to shatter her toe nail behind the couch. We still have no idea how she did it but she went to Tristan right after it happened so we know that much. Fortunately it wasn't a bleeder like the one that sent her to the ER. (Josh cut too deep and it wouldn't stop without medical intervention.) It did hurt though and she limped around for two days but I'm glad to say that she is getting much better. She's my little shadow and you should have seen the look on her face every time I went to another level in the house. She always followed but it was a lot slower and she wasn't too happy about it.

We've had a few cooler days so the pants had to come out of hiding. Tristan has somehow managed to outgrow all of his pants except for two! That was a bit frustrating because some of them were only worn 2-3 times. Guess we will have some shopping to do soon, although I'm secretly hoping for a few more weeks of warmer temps.

The boys have started Landsharks. It's a running club and they are learning long distance running right now. From what I hear, Aidan is really good at it and it's not hard for either of them. They definitely get that from Dad because I've never been good at running. They both like it and we're all excited to see what a meet looks like.

The NFL season started last night. I'm happy but my husband is even happier. He was counting down the days all week. Funny thing is that he missed the first quarter of the game because he thought it started an hour later and he thought it was a double header but there was only one game. I'm hoping that Brett Favre has a good year after all of his drama and change. Also cheering for my Cowboys!

Big soccer weekend for us. Aidan has his first game of his season and Tristan faces his local rivals. The both play at the same time, same park so we'll have whip-lash by the time its all over. We're hoping to set up somewhere in the middle of the fields to be able to see it all. I'll update you all with the results.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Running is so AWESOME! I never knew how much I would like it until I started jogging with the girls. Good for them! :)

Shea said...

My hat is off to you Shell! I can do the walking thing but not the running. No wonder you are so darn skinny!

Anonymous said...

thanks honey. i needed that comment! :) especially since i took hiatus b/c of the texas heat! ha ha!

Anonymous said...

I noticed it to Shell that you have lost weight. I went on a diet from Feb-May and lost 8 pounds but then it stopped coming off and I fell off the diet but haven't gained any weight back.

JW Moxie said...

We still have about another month and a half before we need to break out the pants here. We'll have to get several new pairs, especially for my daughter who is the tallest (and fastest growing) of the bunch. Your boys just keep getting cuter!