Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The First 48

The boys have become pretty interested in one of "my shows." I've watched it for a quite some time but lately anytime it's on, the boys are glued to the couch. It's called The First 48 and it's a reality show that follows some detectives who are trying to solve a murder.

I know - it sounds pretty morbid but honestly it's really educational. Aidan seems to think he could be a detective once he grows up but he's a little worried about how little sleep they seem to get!

They've both learned that if you know someone who has done something wrong and you don't tell or you lie - you could be in a lot of trouble also. Not to mention, just being around when something happens could mean that you were involved - even if you had no idea it was going to happen.

It does make Tristan a little worrisome, but geez what doesn't? He's fearful of someone breaking into our house but this show isn't the root of that worry. He had it before any of this. It just gets confirmed by some of the stories on the show. It's sad to say but that's reality in this day and age.

So, if you might be wondering what we are doing at 8 am while we are waiting for our time to approach to leave for school and work? Probably sitting on the couch watching this!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like those shows too! Reality shows are really taking over huh? Sorry to hear Tristan is so worriesome. Hugs and Kisses to him. Get him a bat for those burglars. ha ha! Love you-Shelly

nancy said...

I like that show. And I can believe it's scary for Tristan! That's a pretty graphic show.

Your picture of Shea Blvd... I grew up just off of there.

nancy said...

Wait. And you live here in the springs? what's your connection (except the name) of shea blvd?

Shea said...

No connection! My friend went for a short vacation and sent me the pictures! It's unusual to find something like that with the same (correct) spelling. Except for Shea Stadium.

nancy said...

That's weird. I too live in Colorado Springs (did you know that?) and I grew up on Shea Blvd. Freaking weird!

Shea said...

Yep, I knew you lived here but no idea about the Shea Blvd. That's cool. Do you know who/what the Shea comes from there? Maybe a famous person or something?

nancy said...

I had to google it, but this is what I found ...

"Shea Boulevard - Named after James A. Shea. Shea and Harvey Bell (see Bell Road) organized the Paradise Verde Irrigation District in 1916. This street is parallel to Peoria Avenue on the east side of the Phoenix Mountains. "