Monday, September 15, 2008

So Lost!

I got so lost in Denver on Saturday! We had soccer games at the same time but at two different locations in the Denver area so we had to split up. We decided that we would meet for lunch afterwards. Good idea huh? Yeah.

I had mapquest directions and felt completely confident. After 40 minutes and still not arriving at our destination I got a little worried. I called Josh (as he's waiting at the restaurant for me) and he told me to use my i-phone map. That's hard for me to do while driving through a busy downtown area with stop and go lights every five seconds. I tried but couldn't concentrate on it since I was still driving around in circles.

After an hour of driving and being completely confused I gave up. I stopped at a McDonald's and gave Josh the address to come and find me! Come to find out, I was on the east side of the street and needed to be on the west side which took 20 minutes to get to. I could have just screamed!

Josh and the boys had quite a few laughs from this. That is, once Aidan got out of the car with me. You should have seen the look of relief on his face once his dad drove up!

Once we finished our late lunch and headed home, Aidan was insistent on riding home with me although Josh definitely has the nicer ride. It took a bit to convince him that I would be okay and once I got on the interstate I would make it home just fine. What a gentleman he is!

And yes, I made it home just fine. Exhausted but fine (thanks to my hubby)!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Ole Josh saving the day! :)

Shea said...

That's right! What in the world would I do without him?

Anonymous said...

So sorry that happened. It get more frustrating the longer it take to find something. I had to go somewhere in Jacksonville for work one saturday and i did yahoo map to get the directions. well it said to turn right off 69 on a certain road. I couldn't ever find the road so I stopped at two different gas stations that both gave me wrong directions until finally finding the street and following it till i found the place on my own. An hour of driving around and it turns out that i needed to take a left off 69 to get there. The yahoo map was wrong!!!