Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cross country meet #1

Wow, what fun that was last night! The boys had a lot of fun and I got that choked up feeling of pride again. Here's the crew before the race: Eman, Tristan, Aidan and Joel (left to right).
Everyone ran the mile race except for Joel who challenged himself with the mile and a half.

Start of the mile! The guy in green is called "the rabbit". He's the guide through the race trail. Can you see the boy in the red shirt leading the pack? That's Tristan. He passed the rabbit in the beginning of the race but used all of his steam too early so he slowed back down during the middle of it all.

Tristan arriving at the finish line. He got second place in that large group! So, so proud!

Aidan finishing! He walked in the middle a bit but overall he really amazed me! We aren't sure what place he got (waiting for the results on-line) but he came in a few after Eman who is in 5th grade!
We are excited to do this again next Monday! Aidan thinks in two weeks he's going to challenge himself with the mile and a half. Joel did well and got second place with 8 min 12 sec. Amazing!

5 comments:

Power Up Love said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Good job guys! Shea, I would be so proud of them both and I am proud of them. I couldn't have ran that far.

Shea said...

I can't either Steph! Youth definitely has some benefits! I'm so glad they are athletic and that they enjoy it! I've never considered myself an athlete so this is all from Dad!

Anonymous said...

it seems now that you have to get your kiddos into extra curricular sports as most schools barely have P.E. anymore. sad.. sad.. sad.

Good for those BOYS! Love you!
-Shelly

Jen said...

CC meets are so fun! I love them! We've had several since I last posted. Friday was our most recent meet. R is getting much better. She ran a 3k in 17:53. T is always pushing himself. He ran the 3k in 12:26! Your boys did great too!