Monday, December 15, 2008

Greaaaat Weekend!

Wow, so much to cover - I'll just jump right in!

Tristan had a basketball and indoor soccer game all within 4 hours on Saturday. He was nervous before each one (could you imagine any different? ha!) but had great games that were out of this world! In basketball he scored quite a bit (I couldn't keep track). He made his jump shots and his free throws. He was a bit aggressive though and ended with 4 fouls. One more and he would have been out of the game. In indoor soccer - he's started with a new team; it's 5 girls and 5 boys. Their name is YingYang and the game was fantastic. Tristan had 3 goals, one which was made from the mid-line of the field. Who would have thought the 10 yr olds would play so well in the 12 yr olds bracket?

Bet you are wondering where Aidan was during all of this? He had a birthday party to go to and was very excited about it. I didn't give it a second thought until we walked into the house. I was almost knocked over by the smell of cigarrette smoke. The mother even had one going in the kitchen when we arrived. (to her credit she did put it out when I walked over) Anyway, I honestly had second thoughts about leaving him but he really wanted to be there. She did ask if he could spend the night but that wasn't happening. I told her we had other plans. Unfortunately, I don't think the party lived up to the expectations that Aidan had - he kept trying to explain to Tristan how their house smelled! (Especially when we walked past someone currently smoking!)

It is so cold here right now. Probably the coldest I've ever known it to be, so cold that when you walk outside the hairs in your nose freeze! This morning it was -3 and about 10 am it was 1! Doesn't look like it will get much warmer until Thursday so guess we will be snuggling quite a bit!

What else? Oh yeah - my Cowboys won and I won our football picks this week!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I hate the smell of smokers! There's just nothing worse! I also hate cold weather! You could have named this post "Things Jen Hates" LOL! Nope...wait! Because the main point of the post was Tristan and He Is Adorable!!! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

It's been pretty cold here in Texas too. It's about 30 right now and we are under winter storm warning until noon. Not as cold as up there but for here that's bad. Great job Tristan!

Shea said...

Ha Jen! I must have forgotten what I wrote about because when I saw "smokers" I thought of the bbq meat smoker and it didn't quite make sense to me. Now I gotcha!
When you did the 100 things about me I knew we had a lot of differences but I still love ya!