Friday, December 12, 2008

OCD

Okay, for those of you that know me pretty well you know I have a bit of OCD. There are a few things that I'm pretty obsessive about but Tristan has taken the cake. He can not stand to have a loose tooth in his mouth! It drives him bonkers and he wants it out not soon but NOW!

Last night I thought he had gone to bed to only find him in the bathroom mirror pushing/pulling on this tooth with tears streaming down his face. It was 10:00! He just looked at me and said, "this tooth is coming out." I gave him until I was done washing my face and told him that after that he was going to bed. Of course he didn't get it out. I checked it and it really isn't ready to come out yet. He had his gums so swollen from the pushing/pulling that I gave him a pain reliever to help with that.

This morning I checked on it again and it's tightened back up a bit. I talked with him and explained that he needed to leave it be so that we don't have any damage/infection problems with it but I could just see the pain in his eyes. Wow, this might become a big issue.

On top of all of that I made him wear a pair of pants to school today that he felt were too short. (They are brand new and were picked out and tried on by him. They just didn't hit the floor just right in the back so they are deemed "unwearable.") I could have just screamed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I am going to handle loose teeth. Ouch!

Shea said...

I'm really hoping it all goes well for you guys. I don't remember it being such a fiasco when we were little.