Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Skating!

Last night our school had a roller skating party at a local skating rink. The skating rink sent a bus to the school to pick up the kids and they went to the rink for 2 hours and then the bus brought them back to the school. I wasn't keen on it because Tristan didn't want to go therefore Aidan would be going alone. I asked Aidan if we could just do it next time and he said sure. (He's so great about that kind of stuff!)

Not 30 minutes later does the phone ring and we find out that T's best friend and his older brother have decided to go! I told Aidan he could accompany them and left it up to T if he'd like to go. I really didn't think he would go but I could see him considering it. He wouldn't want to be the only one not there! He caves of course, so now they are all four going together. I'm feeling better but still nervous because this is their first time at the skating rink by themselves! Shoot me now - it's painful to watch them grow up!!!!!

I tried to call T four times but no answer. (Okay, this is something that I was going to write about but haven't gotten to yet. Yep, he has a phone now. More to come on that later!) I was a bit nervous but as they were getting on the bus for the ride back to the school, he calls. I asked him about the 4 missed calls and he told me he couldn't skate with the phone in his pocket so he put it in his shoe. Well, of course! Get someone a cell phone and they keep it in their shoe. Makes perfect sense to me.

All went well. They didn't think it was super fun so I don't know if they will do it again. Aidan won the limbo contest and got a free slushie. It sounds like they filled up on junk while they were there. Pizza, soda, pretzels, and slushies. Guess that's what you do when you are out without the parents.

But the funniest part of last night was that I finally found out why Tristan didn't really want to go. A girl from 5th grade had written him a note inviting him to go skating with her. He tore it up and threw it away (so typical of Tristan), he hadn't planned on going so no biggie. Until his best friend has a change of heart and decides to go! He gave him such a hard time about changing his mind and reminded him about the girl.
He never told me if he ran into her at the rink but at least now I know why he originally didn't want to go. An older girl! He's so anti-girl right now it's not even funny. He won't even hypothetically discuss them with you. It's so not possible right now!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It won't be long and Tristan will be all into girls. Glad things work out okay and Aidan got to go since he wanted to originally.

Anonymous said...

The hardest part is letting them grow up. I do remember my days with his dad and brothers.

And the girl part--won't be long now. Then all of your lives will change.

Have fun with them now--time is short.

Anonymous said...

that signed me anonymous but it' me Shea---LAVON

Anonymous said...

that signed me anonymous but it' me Shea---LAVON

Anonymous said...

You know they say when they are not that into girls by age 10, they are going to go girl crazy by age 12. WATCH OUT HONEY! 6th grade will be his year! ha ha xoxo

Shea said...

Shell - you are psychic! He claims that in 6th grade he'll have a girlfriend. Crazy!