Sunday, February 15, 2009

T's phone

Okay, I know it's pratically ridiculous for a 10 year old to have a cell phone but he does. The main reason why is that there are times he is at a practice or activity without us there with him and if something weird happens I want him to be able to call us. Plus I can't forget the time that I forgot to pick him up from basketball practice. Yep, I'll admit it - not so perfect in the mom category that day!

I knew I had to pick him up and needed to leave by5:10 to be there. Next thing I know I look at the clock and it's 5:18. I grabbed my keys and ran out the door. I looked for him on the way to the school but it was getting dark and thought maybe he might be there waiting for me still. After a few minutes I went back home only to see his crying face open the door for me. "Why weren't you there to get me," he asks? I apologized profusely and found out that he did wait for a bit but then ran home.

Anyway, my friend has older girls who got new cell phones for Christmas so T's is a hand me down. It's a "pay as you go" phone so he is limited on minutes. We haven't used it much at all actually, it's just more of a comfort to know that he has it with him. So that's the story!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too grown up for me. ha ha.

Good thing you did not get him an i-phone. Seems every middle schooler and teenager has them nowadays.

Craziness..

Shea said...

Josh wouldn't have that! He wasn't thrilled about the phone in the first place.