Monday, February 9, 2009

Valentine's Cards

We had extra time yesterday so I had the boys go ahead and do their Valentine's cards for their classmates. I remember the days when I used to have to do them all myself and I'm so glad they can do them now! Not only do they have to address them but they have to write a personalized sentence for each classmate. This can be interesting and if your kids are anything like mine you better double check their work!

These are the Valentine's that Aidan is handing out. He did such a good job but I had him correct one. He wrote, "You run funny," for a little boy. He didn't think anything was wrong with that statement because it's true but he changed it for me. It now says, "You run good." (Got to overlook the grammar.) He was even considerate to the special-ed classmates and made sure that their sentences were easy to read.

Tristan's Valentine's are pirate themed. He did fine but had the hardest time trying to think of something nice to say to a few of his classmates and his teacher. He had a lot of smart comments during this activity but when I double checked his sentences, he was very nice and appropriate. Whew - I'm glad that project is over. Now we have to make a container/holder for Aidan by Thursday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe... how much fun.. that is totally funny about the comments! They have Valentines coming from the girls also. Hope you don't have to pay extra postage this time. ha ha ha! that is still cracking me up... love you. shelly

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Kids are too funny. Although I'm glad he changed it cause it could have hurt that kids feelings. I still have to work on putting the cards and suckers together for alyssa's school.

Shea said...

Oh, I would never let that comment go without making a change. He's just brutally honest at times. Guess that's part of his charm!