Sunday, February 1, 2009

What a day!

This is how our day went:
8:30 a.m. Arrive at school for Tristan's first playoff game.
9:00 a.m. Game starts - it goes really well. They won 30-17.
Had a little time before we had to be back for the second game so we grabbed breakfast and went to another school to watch a friend play in his first game of the day.
1:00 p.m. Second game for Tristan. This one was a bit more tough - the team was really physical. Tristan was fouled a few times and had a chance for free throws. They won 19-14! Championship game here we come! (Sorry soccer. T's team had to play without him.)

3:00 p.m. Championship game against a school that hadn't lost all season. I had to miss the game because Aidan had his basketball game at 3:30 but from what I hear Tristan had the best game ever. They lost 24-20 but I'm really happy that he played well and ended his season on a high note. 2nd place isn't bad in my book.

3:15 p.m. Had to be at the Y for Aidan's 3:30 game. Here's his team - they are all soccer players trying basketball for a change.

3:30 p.m. Aidan's team won their game 20-2! He had a great game and scored his first basket!

Once we were done with all of the sports I had to run to the store to get a gift for the birthday sleepover Aidan was supposed to be at that evening. We made it a bit late but got him there and then Tristan and I went home to an early bedtime!
I have to say that I have the best husband ever. He was scheduled to work during the day on Saturday but I needed his help with the conflicting games and he didn't want to miss T's playoffs. He was with us all day and then had to work from 7 p.m. until 7 a.m. today. I couldn't have done that and if you would have seen him drag himself in today at 7:30 you would have felt as bad as I did. He's asleep now but I'll wake him soon so that he doesn't miss the Superbowl! Thanks honey for being the best dad ever!
Go Cardinals!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The boys are so good at all the sports. Great job to Josh for hanging with it all.

Anonymous said...

How much fun are your weekends! That is so awesome to see such support and love in your family. I am so glad that the boys are involved in so many activities. It really will pay off in the end by keeping them goal oriented, focused, and able to really understand the meaning of team work. This is just awesome! Thanks for sharing honey! xoxo

Shea said...

It is so much fun for us all but I have to admit that I am a bit tired today! If I feel this way Josh must feel 10 times worse.