Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Look! Look!

For those of you who really know my hubby you know he's been a nail biter his entire life! His mom told me that nothing ever worked, the bitter stuff you put on the nails, hot sauce, gloves, even band-aids. And it's not just the nails but also everything around them so he had these scratchy stubs that hurt after playing a game of basketball or would cut me up like Freddy Krueger.
Look at them now:

Isn't it amazing? It just goes to show you that he had to be the one to make the decision to quit. It's something that he really wanted to do and he put his mind to it. I'm really proud of him! He even treated himself to his first ever manicure, yes - a manicure, I'm dead serious.

It's not just a bad habit either, I think it might be something in the genes. Tristan has done it also since he was 2. Now I know that if he ever wants to quit he can but it has to be his choice, not because I want him to.

(Tristan's)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Good for him!

Tyler's nails look like Tristan's but he doesn't bite his nails. He's obsessed with the clippers! Ouch, right?!?

Shea said...

Ouch is right! What's with this obsession? It's almost as if Tristan can't stand to have anything close to a fingernail.

Stephanie said...

I use to bite my nails when I was little but I only bit off the nails and didn't chew on my cuticles. One day I decided I wanted long nails like mom so I stopped. Preston bites his fingers but is getting better cause I get onto him for it.

Shelly said...

YAY JOSH! Same thing with smoking too. The person has to really want to quit and no one can influence them. Trust me.. I quit 4 times before I quit. LOL! Nice manicure too. I am jealous! xoxo

You know they say it takes 3 weeks to break a habit. Maybe challange Tristan to going 3 weeks without doing it. Get him a calendar. :)

Shea said...

I've talked with Tristan about it but haven't gone farther than that. I think Dad is going to be a great example for T and when he's ready he'll do it. I have faith! (it'll probably be a girlfriend that influences the change, ha.)