Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Update on Aidan

After our troubles last week I emailed the teacher immediately and here's her response:

Hi Shea,

Please don’t feel that this is at all a reflection on you and to be honest, Aidan’s infractions were minor in the greater scheme of things. I think I was just a little surprised because I am used to seeing a sweet and fairly responsible boy, and I do not want things to escalate. I think that the other students really look up to Aidan, and I want him to be a good role model for others as well. He did a great job today. I will keep you updated as we move forward.


Immediately I felt better because he did follow up our talk with a good day but also because I got the feeling that things weren't as bad as her first email had portrayed them to be. What do you think?

FYI - As far as I've heard, he's doing really well!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Good to hear things are seeming better. Sounds like your response made her feel a little bad about bringing it up as now she is downplaying it. Maybe she did not know that you are a good Mom and would be right on top of it. :) Hope that things go smooth on out.

Stephanie said...

I think Alyssa's teacher over states things and as a result, we get onto Alyssa more. I don't know the extent since I am not there. After school at the daycare, the teacher thinks she is great and never gets onto her. Her kindergarten teacher is older and I think a little too strict. I'm just waiting for next year to see how it goes. Her talking is an issue either way but I think her current teacher makes it sound worse than it is.

Shea said...

Everyone knows, in the heat of the moment things always seem worse! I'm relieved that I think that was the case here.

I'm still on top of it though so we'll keep it a priority!