Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Miss me?

Believe it or not, I've meant to post something for the past few days but weird stuff has happened and I've been extremely busy!

I thought I might post about our soccer from this past weekend but out of four games we didn't have a single win. Just two ties and two horrible losses so obviously - I didn't have much to say about those!

The boys were suppposed to have their first ever track meet Monday night and I thought I would post the results and pictures. We got to the school in the wind and cold just to find out that they had double booked the field so of course we got the boot. (High school soccer definitely outranks elementary track.) What a bummer! Even though we were happy to not have to suffer in the weather; we were ready for the races.

I hate our weather here lately! Saturday and Sunday we had windy, cold, rainy conditions and then Monday morning we woke up to 2 inches of snow and fog so thick I thought I was driving through a cloud to work.

My volunteer/friend from work turned 80 today. I got her an answering machine/cordless phone system and was stoked about it. Unfortunately, it sounds like her house has some old fashioned type of phone wiring and we might not even be able to plug the darn thing in. I'm making a trip over there after work to take a look. (Were phone cords different in the 70's?)

My hubby is leaving on Saturday for 10 days again. I'm upset about it because there is so much going on and I need him here! If something goes wrong or I have difficulties with the schedules be aware that you might have to read me bitch a bit.

If T happens to make the 1st or 2nd soccer team at tryouts next month, I just found out that it will cost $1200 to $1800 a year for soccer. This is twice as much as I had planned on. Not sure what I think yet, I'll probably just wait and see where he lands and go from there. I did tell him that if he plays like he did on Sunday again I won't pay it at all and he can just play recreational soccer and not go competitive. Sounds mean huh? (He didn't give 100% and knew it.)

That's about it so far. We've got another busy weekend ahead with all of the soccer games being rescheduled. Five games in 3 days so I'll update after those. Hope to have good outcomes to share.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Of course I missed you! I hope the boys have a better soccer weekend. And I hope you make through the next 10 days without the hubs. You can do it!

Shea said...

Thanks Jen!

Shell said...

I totally feel you on the "giving it your best" with sports as no one wants to pay for something that they half-ass.. (for lack of a better word). The cost for next year seemed shockingly expensive at first, but when I added what I pay each month, it is pretty much the same. Man... kids are expensive.. ha ha. I asked Caeli about soccer or preschool and she picked preschool so we are going to try this direction for now. But I think I have to wait until she is 5 due to money. Got $500 a month to spare? lol!

I am sorry to hear about the weather too. We have had rain all week too and I think it puts me in a depressing mood.. or maybe just irritated mood. anyways, i am trying to stay afloat from any funks.

Hang in there without Josh. I know it is hard.. I am dreading August when Jon goes to Japan again. 3 weeks alone.. YUCK! You can always call me. you know i like chatting it up.. I am sure i will call you. :)

xoxo