Tuesday, October 6, 2009

All my BOYS lost on Sunday!

We made it to the Cowboys game on Sunday because both Tristan and Aidan's teams lost and didn't advance to the playoffs in their tournaments. Here's a picture of Tristan during our walk towards the stadium:
Yep, we wore our jerseys and were heckled on the way into the game (they must not have cared that we had children with us). It was a little uncomfortable but there were alot of Dallas fans there!

Our seats were in the upper level (only about 6 rows from the very top) because that's what was available that I could afford. Here's the field view. It wasn't too bad, I could see everything but couldn't read their names or numbers on the back of their jersey. Josh and Tristan could because they have perfect eyesight!!

This kind of shows how high up it was. I felt sorry for the elderly people trying to make it up those stairs. It was a work out and once you got seated you felt like you might take a skydive. Not kidding.

A picture before the stadium filled up. The attendance was 75,000 something. Only 800 people didn't show up for the game.
The overall experience was fun, I'm really glad that I've done it now. Don't know that I'll ever go to another Bronco game because they aren't my team; I'll happily wait until we can go to a Cowboy home game. The Bronco fans aren't nice and it was uncomfortable at times. I'm not one to rub it into your face if you're losing and I felt like some of the fans did that. Out of the four of us, Tristan and I had the most fun. Aidan got bored and Josh was tired of the man next to him burping hot dog into his face and the three men behind Tristan cursing every Dallas Cowboy player possible.
I've compared my experience with others this week and all I can say is that it's too bad the Bronco fans don't have a better reputation. Seems like this is the way it always is.


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Glad you guys got to go.

Shell said...

wow.. hot dog burps.. i would have been annoyed too josh.. lol..

those pics are scary. you guys were very high up.. i went to an opera and had very high seats (free tickets) and i kept feeling like i was falling forward (even while sitting). and as far as the older people, a woman feel when coming down the stairs right by us. i was a bit freaked out.

and just to note, you are brave wearing Dallas gear.. i can only imagine the comments as i am surrounded by football "UT vs Everyone" "crap talking" year round.. LOL!