Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Out of sorts

I feel like I can't catch up or get on top of things and this is so unlike me! Josh is in Alaska. (Yes, Alaska. Crazy huh?) Things have been weird here since the boys went back to school from their Fall Break. Their 1st day back to school was marked by a 2 hour delay due to weather. I honestly can't even remember what the deal was with the weather that day to elaborate on, ugh.

Homework to get back into the routine of, soccer practices, basketball practices that we didn't make it to because we really needed to get some orthodontic work done for Tristan, and so on.

Today we woke up to a 2 hour delay that turned into a closure so no school. The storm didn't really hit our area until noon so I made it to work at 10 and stayed for a few hours. Then it was off to cram in all of the errands I needed to get done in case we were snowed in another day. Now we're at home which is messy and gets on my nerves but I don't have the motivation to do anything about it. You know the feeling right?

Plus the boys are stir crazy. They NEED physical activity to burn off their energy and it didn't happen today. Now they are wrestling and fighting all over the place! I am so thankful we have a basement that I can ban them to because that's what's about to happen. NBA started today and the couch is calling my name.

4 comments:

Shell said...

oh honey, i feel you in so many ways on this. and yes, a messy house irritates me too. i can never relax when it is not clean. hang in there. why alaska? that is crazy!

Stephanie said...

What's he doing in Alaska? How cool that he gets to travel and see places. There are so many places I want to go to.

Shea said...

He has staff there that he needed to check on and show his face. He's flying back today and will have to drive from Denver in this messy storm. Pray for him!

Another day of no school for us!

Jen said...

I'm sorry you're feeling stressed! I know how it gets. Especially when there are unexpected days off school. The weather must be really bad for you all to have delays and closures. I hope you guys are safe and warm! I'm sure you're warmer than Josh! :D

BTW...you're the second friend of mine who's husband is in Alaska on business. Weird...