Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Palm reading

I never knew that going to get a manicure would mean that they throw in a palm reading also! Here's what happened:

I had an appt to get my hair cut in the mall last week and decided that I had some extra time so I walked down to the nail salon for a mani/pedi. When the lady (she was vietnamese) was doing the massage for the manicure she had my palm facing her and stopped in the middle of the rub to stare at it. She not only was staring at it intensely but then rubbed the center of my palm to look at it even harder. She looks at me but it's not a happy look. All I can say is that it seemed concerned, sad, and worried. I told myself it wasn't anything and just to let it go.

I'm watching the tv they have there on the wall and on to the next hand we go. You will not believe it but it all happens again with the next palm! Followed up with her asking, "You okay? Everything okay?"

I didn't ask her what she saw because I didn't want to know. All I know is that she saw something and it wasn't really good. She had such a sad, concerned look on her face the rest of the time I was there. Weird huh?

The boys and my friends find this story hilarious! That same night I spilled a bowl of ranch dip into my lap at a restaurant and Aidan said, "Maybe that's what she saw on your hands mom." Followed by extreme laughter.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is strange? I would have been freaked out.

Jen said...

I would just assume it was the "spilling of the ranch" and move on. I can totally sympathize with the boys laughing about it. That's exactly how my family would react!

Shelly said...

HILARIOUS about the ranch dip comment! I would have died laughing!! And that would have freaked me out too. I definitely believe in all kinds of things so it would fester with me. Maybe she just thought your hands very clammy and it did not fit your personality.. ha ha..

Cat said...

Kind of freaky, I would have asked her for sure what she saw.... Maybe we should back after you have a parrafin dip on your hands:) Not sure if I spelled that right....