Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's

Our New Year's Day snow angels! The two boys who made these truly are my angels and I can't tell you how much I love them.
We had a pretty good snowstorm that hit us Thursday, Dec 30th. Completely ironic that the boys and their friends were competing in an indoor soccer tournament called the Blizzard Cup! The semi-finals were Thursday and they not only made it to the semis but won it so continued on to the final that evening at 5. They took their opponent to overtime but lost then by 1. I was so proud of them for being the youngest team in their division (11-14 yrs old) but playing with such integrity, determination, and teamwork. It was 3 days of awesome soccer!
(I've only recreated the exhaustion again for myself after all of this though. It's 2:20 a.m. and my body is so restless that I can't sleep but I know I'm tired. That's frustrating and then when I think about working all day tomorrow it makes me angry. Oh man, when will I learn?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are PERFECT angels! :)

And I know exactly what you mean when you are up and can't sleep but know you have to get up soon to work. I get that so often and wake up very angry. It's not fair and not a good feeling. Hope you made it okay. xoxo