Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Follow-up to below and new stuff!

This was Aidan's school picture. He did his hair himself at school, wish I felt that it looked as good as Caeli's did when she did the same, oh man! Anyway, he had been growing his hair out since May and refused to cut it. He liked the long hair and wanted it to be even longer. I had him talked into a haircut as a Christmas present until yesterday....

He surprised me by saying that he would go to the salon if he could get the MVP treatment! It was only my 100th time to ask him and I jumped at the opportunity. (The MVP is a cut, wash, massage, hot towel on the face, and then style.) Here's the after:

Yes, I made him hold some of the hair! You should have seen his face during the cut - he was shocked to see how long it really was. His style and the length was his decision, he could have kept it somewhat long if he wanted but this was his choice (which is exactly how I wanted it to all play out). I can't put it into words how happy I am! Steph, please show Preston!
***************************************
Baby names - Thank you guys sooooooo much for all of the comments. It was a shock but a happy one to actually get 6 comments on a post. There are 2 names that Josh and I have added to our list from what you guys gave us but they'll remain a surprise until we make the official announcement.
Jen - Quentin (Quinn) was my favorite and the boys liked it too. Josh overrode it, he doesn't like it at all and apparently has a cousin by that name. Ugghhh! Please keep the suggestions coming, it's great to hear from you!
Shell - You are the best and yes this is fun! I'm so glad I put it out there and asked for your help. Please keep the names coming!
Steph - Emory was the name but it's the one that I was talking about that no one likes as a boy's name. Good memory (that's funny, Emory - Memory), I think it's been a while since I told you that.
It's still on the list and a front runner, what do you guys think?

5 comments:

Jen said...

Love the haircut! Tyler just went through the same thing this summer! His hair was about as long as Aidan's before school started. His issue was that he has a specific girl that he wants to cut his hair. Unfortunately, she runs her own barber shop and keeps really odd hours so it was impossible to get in to see her. The day before school started I told him he had to get it cut whether or not Amy was available. Of course, she wasn't so I drove down the street to another barber, gave him $20 ad told him to go in and get a haircut. He handed the money back to me and told me if he has to get a haircut he's gonna hate I might as well save the money and do it myself! LOL! I couldn't decide if I should be happy I was saving the money or sad that I apparently give bad haircuts! Either way...he has a nice gentleman's haircut now! :)

Anonymous said...

Ah Aidan! Guess we needed a cut on a different style huh? Ha! Long hair is very in for boys now and there are some boys at Caeli's school with such beautiful hair. Wish I could have seen it longer. Guess no one likes that "growing out" phase - trust me.. I seem to go through it too often. LOL!

And as far as Emory.. I am a "nay" on this one. I think it sounds like a girl name and it is difficult for me to say quickly without making it "Emry". But what is funny is that no matter what you name a child, "Fred, Wilbur, anything" - when you love that child and know that child, they just make the name cute. (even if it is not originally). P.S. - I like Quinn too! Bummer about the cousin.. LOL!

Shea said...

Shell - I think that's the way we will actually say it and possibly spell it - Emry. Mom likes it along with Josh and I but that's it so far. Bummer, think about it for a while and see if it grows on you. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Just like I said honey, I will love any name you guys pick b/c I will love the little guy and they would all grow on me. :)

Plus, "Emry" seems cuter to me than "Emory". ha!

Justin said...

I know this is a bit late, but there is a little boy in Jackson's swimming class and his name is Declan. I really like it. Do you have a middle name picked out yet?