Thursday, May 29, 2008

Belated last day of school

Okay, so it was really last Friday - that's the reason for the belated. I've been really busy as most of you can understand.

The last day of school was awesome! For one - I was there! I think this is the first year that I've actually been at the school. Two - the boys had such great teachers and enjoyed their time in 2nd and 3rd grade. Three - I have never seen so many people cry at the end of the school year. There were girls crying everywhere; I even saw someone on the floor in the hallway. She was extremely upset. Both of the boy's teachers cried, had the parents choked up too! Tristan and Aidan were pretty cool with it all but weren't jumping up and down about the idea of summer.



Can you believe this? I was actually surprised! Tristan got the highest award in the class! The other awards were for Most Caring, Best Penmanship, and Most Organized, etc.
Thanks Mrs. K for Tristan's first ever year of actually enjoying school!

Aidan and Officer Chris. Officer Chris volunteers in Aidan's class and is a super nice guy. I can't imagine him at his day job though, he's that friendly!

Aidan and his friend Caitlyn. She sits next to him in class and lives a couple of streets away. How comfortable do they look?


Aidan and his fantastic teacher, Mrs. W! She has dedicated a lot of her time to raise his reading levels and by the end of the year he was at a 3rd grade level. I'm so thankful to her and proud of him! Mrs. W even came to see one of Aidan's soccer games.

3 comments:

JW Moxie said...

Your son is a CUTIE!!! Congrats to him on his award! I can hear your mommy-proudness shining through, and it's well-deserved!

Shea said...

Thanks Kymberli! Congrats to you guys also on your wonderful news!! I don't normally get on the computer during the weekend but had to check on you and was so happy to see the results! I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Tristan on his award and Aidan for his reading skills. I'm a little sad that Alyssa is starting kindergarden but excited too.