Friday, May 9, 2008

Josh is finally 33!

Yep, he is finally 33! No more "older" jokes to suffer through as I have for the past 4 months.

We had a quiet day, both had to work and the boys had school. I did manage to run during my lunch break and pick up his cake. A cookie cake of course, it's his favorite!

I tried to find the tennis shoes he wanted but he sent me on this wild goose hunt for them. I went to every shoe store in the mall and showed them the old shoe and asked if they had the newer model. This is what I was told, it was the newer model but pretty much looked the same and had the same colors, white and gray. Everyone that I showed this shoe to looked at me as if I was crazy!!! They don't remake Michael Jordan shoes. Once the model is made it's retired, new ones follow. I couldn't see anything that looked similiar so low and behold, again, another year with no gift!

I am taking him out to dinner tonight and set up the babysitter so that makes me feel better.

When we opened cards last night there was one that almost made me fall off of the counter. I'm going to share it with you guys:

Life Before the Computer:
Memory was something that you lost with age
A website was a spider's home
A hard drive was a long trip on the road...
...And if you had a 3 1/2" floppy you just hoped nobody found out!

Steph - you are hilarious! What a perfect card and too funny. Thanks so much for the laugh last night.

Mom, thanks for the card and the money! It makes his day that you think of him. I have the best family ever.

********************************************************************************
Update: Josh went to the mall today to look for his shoes and can you believe that he couldn't find them either? Looks like they don't sell them anymore. Imagine that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It took me forever to find a card for him. It had me cracking up in the store. Tell Josh I said happy birthday.

Anonymous said...

Okay. Now I feel like the worst sister ever! I can't believe I did not know it was Josh's B-Day. I even sent Virginia a B-day card last week and when I read this, I called home to find out if I just missed it on my calendar and go figure, IT IS NOT THERE! I am not sure if it happened when I transferred B-Days over from last year, but I want to kick my own ass for doing that. I am so sorry Josh... B-Lated here we come! xoxoxox-Shelly

Anonymous said...

By the way, that is a GREAT CAKE and Josh looks totally happy! You did good already Shea! Love you! -Shelly

Shea said...

You guys are something else! Thanks again Steph, that was an awesome laugh!

Shelly - I hated not having something to say about you on the post because I didn't want to hurt any feelings. I was wondering about you because you are normally the first to send something but there wasn't a card so I thought you were just late.

Your comment has cracked me up!!! Remember when I forgot Anica's birthday because it's at the first of the month and I didn't realize until I flipped the calendar? I'm notorious for missing Preston's also. Perfectly okay, it's not a big deal to us.

Love you guys so much!

Anonymous said...

I think you should have bought him some high-top black sneakers and called it a day, tehehe.....