Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tulip story


I've been really trying to plant flowers that will actually do well with our temperatures and unpredictable weather. The tulips have been around for two years now and you won't believe what's been happening.

The Monday after Mother's Day I come home to find 6 of my tulips had been cut! The flower and stem are gone but the leaves are still there. I assumed it was the boys next door. I asked and truly believe that it wasn't them. Okay, I tell myself, I have three more that are about to open, I'll enjoy those.

This morning as I'm putting out the trash I notice that I no longer have any tulips. The last three are gone, the stems are left this time but the flower is gone. I'm shocked! It's not as if they were blown off or anything either because I searched for some sort of sign of a lost petal. They aren't torn up, don't look like an animal got to them, nothing. What a huge bummer.

I waited all year for these to come up and they only bloom once to just have someone come along and take the flowers? I can't believe people some times. Thank God we took this picture a few days ago. (Yep, the boys always seem to be in soccer clothes nowadays. This should be our last busy week with that. I can't imagine them without a soccer ball though.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How strange? I wonder who's taking them.

Shea said...

Some kids are my guess but I'll never know. My iris' are next to bloom and if something like this happens to them I'm going to start stalking my yard. This is absolutely ridiculous!!

Anonymous said...

You better capture that flower bandit. I would say post a little sign to stop, but that may just dare them even more. Maybe their parents just didn't explain that you don't take other people's flowers. I have had to discuss this with Caeli already. Ha. What a bummer!