Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Mayor is Here, The Mayor is Here!

As soon as he arrived at the school, Aidan latches onto his arm and walks him down the line of students for introductions. (Handsome boy with red shirt and jeans.)


Going down the line still. Obviously, I was on the wrong side of this but there were so many people I couldn't get another angle. (I was happy with what I got.)


When the Mayor walks into the room the kids throw confetti!


Confetti, Confetti!


Each child had a powerpoint slide that they stood up and read to him. Aidan is two seats away from him.


The Mayor signed each of their writing journals. They were able to take home the pen.


We were there for so much longer than I had been told. What was supposed to be a quick 15-20 minute visited turned into over an hour long. We left before the Mayor did! Tristan came by after class was released and I got him in for a quick picture!
All in all, it was an experience. I agree with Aidan though, it was kind of boring!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks like a nice guy! At least it is an experience they had - boring or not. ha ha!

Shea said...

You're right, it was an experience. Funny though, I've seen him during his campaign outside a Sam's shaking hands and what not. He didn't have that "star appeal" with us. Anyway, I'm just happy I was able to share that with Aidan.