Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hot, hot, hot!


For those of you in Texas this is going to seem ridiculous but I've got to share it. It's hot here! We went from cold, rainy weather last week to hot, dry weather this week! It was 86 yesterday and tied our record high! When I got home yesterday the house was 77 and it took three hours to cool it down to a reasonable temp for bedtime. Wow!

The heat's honestly not that bad but the dryness is! We don't have much rain in the forecast for this week and my grass still hasn't greened up from the winter yet. With these temps it won't matter how much I water, it'll be fried! I wanted to have a presentable front yard since our back yard has been turned into a dirt soccer field. The boys have run off all of the grass, I'm sure it won't come back. Tristan is really pushing for turf, he wants it so badly - until the first time he has to clean up after the dog. I don't think turf would be a good idea.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's in the 90s here. We've had our air on for about two months.

Anonymous said...

We are swimming almost daily. I have had to put off my jogging in the afternoons b/c it kills me. I feel like I will fall out in this heat. Ha ha! Hang in there sweetheart. I miss you! I am going to try and call tonight. :)

Turf would be cool for the boys I guess. Go get a pooper scooper. ha!

Shea said...

Now, that's why I don't live there anymore! The air's been on for months - Wow!

I knew it would sound pathetic compared to what you guys have to deal with!

I hear the turf is quite expensive and gets really hot. It'll burn your feet! Josh isn't keen on that idea so I don't know. I hate looking at the backyard though.

Love ya!